14 January 2010

Listful Thinking No.1

Being a planner and a collector of things, I like lists. No, I love lists. Lately, I have enjoyed roaming the blogland to read some new year's lists. Also, I can't say no to any book of lists.


Many moons ago while at school I read that making lists helps your creativity. I started a journal that was just lists: birthday presents for my sister, ideas for the next assignment, even a list of future lists. I found that journal today. What a hoot!


The following is a list from that journal. From what I can tell it is the only list I didn't create. And, it is my first Listful Thinking moment to share with you.



15 Pairs of Contradictory Proverbs


1 -- Look before you leap.

He who hesitates is lost.


2 -- If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Don't beat your head against a stone wall.


3 -- Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Out of sight, out of mind.


4 -- Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.

Don't cross the bridge till you come to it.


5 -- Two heads are better than one.

Paddle your own canoe.


6 -- Haste makes waste.

Time waits for no one.


7 -- You're never to old to learn.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.


8 -- A word to the wise is sufficient.

Talk is cheap.


9 -- It is better to be safe than sorry.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.


10 -- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.


11 -- Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

Nice guys finish last.


12 -- Hitch your wagon to a star.

Don't bite off more than you can chew.


13 -- Many hands make light work.

Too many cooks spoil the broth.


14 -- Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Clothes make the man.


15 -- The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Silence is golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment