27 January 2010

Excuses revisited


Well, it's been two weeks since I publicly stated three big goals. See the post here.


I decided to share some short-term goals with Laurel and came up with three to attain before our next meeting:

1. to make and post at least twelve pieces of art to my Esty store

2. to contribute at least once to Illustration Friday

3. to brush away my self-consciousness and perfectionism when it comes to making my art

What was I thinking?!? Make and post twelve pieces to my Etsy store. My Etsy store isn't even set up. I haven't painted the walls yet...
Seriously, I know goal number one is still to be attained and I am fine with that. I am well into a dozen collages. As far as getting my Etsy shop up and running... I will be very happy when the paint has dried and all I have to do is hang the art.
Goal number two will always be a goal. I really enjoy getting the Illustration Friday email every week to inform me of the new subject. Hopefully, once I am rolling with the Etsy routine I'll have more time.
Goal number three: check! I made every effort to just "do" my artwork... Go with it... Discard rubbish... Start again...
Please, stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. See, I am a fan. You are in my "favourites" menu. Loved your contradictory proverbs but not sure about today's blog. I removed my glasses but then I couldn't find the red knob to focus.
    Love & HUGS

    ReplyDelete