01 March 2011

Too Intense: kaleidoscopes and ice




I have another app on my phone which brings me pure, intense visual joy. It is a kaleidoscope app which constructs endless combinations of colour and line.
It is amazing that I have only taken photos of about 20 and not more.
Looking at these images is undescribable to me. It is a physical experience. Maybe it is like walking into a chocolate shop with rows and rows of delicious chocolate available for you. Or, like visiting a bookstore, old or new, with books you have never seen before. Or, the view from the top of a mountain or inside a cathedral. See, even my examples are trite.
And, it is not only the bright, symmetrical, computer-generated images that can move me to tears. The photos of ice below, taken by my husband while he was skating on a natural pond, also put me in awe.


No comments:

Post a Comment